Consign with us!
Hello, potential consignors!
Please take a moment to read through our consignment process and polices.
When you’re ready to consign, we’ll be ready to partner with you! Our mission is to match your cherished items to a qualified buyer who will truly love them. Our business would not function without the unique, high-quality and well cared for merchandise you—our valued consignors—provide.
On the Road Again guarantees a 50/50 split of all merchandise sold.
Ready to consign?
- Stop by with your items and/or pictures of your items!
- Call us today at (815) 267-7880. Leave a message if we are unavailable.
- Email us your pictures at Consign@OnTheRoadAgainConsign.com.
Why consign with On the Road Again?
- Qualified buyers have constant access to your items in OUR store without disrupting your home, inconveniencing you or compromising home security risks.
- On the Road Again advertises and promotes your items via Social Media AND email marketing.
- We offer a user-friendly process of evaluation, pricing, selling and payment.
- Our knowledgeable sales staff maintains customer relationships and a wish list that keep us abreast of what certain individuals are seeking. Sometimes, your furniture will sell the very first day because our sales staff will reach out to potential buyers.
- A cost-effective pickup service.
- Guaranteed and timely payment each month.
- 65% of our inventory sells in the first month and for the top price!
How Does the Consignment Process Work?
Step 1: Reviewing your item(s).
Before we get started, we need to be sure that your merchandise will sell.
Send us a picture:
Email your pictures--especially of your larger items like furniture--to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a brief description or story behind the item. Please be forthcoming about any damages or downsides to the item.
Bring your pictures in:
It's always good to see a picture in person and speak with you directly. So if it's easier for you to stop by the shop, that'd be great! We'd prefer you to bring your pictures in on a viewing device, such as a smart phone, camera, or tablet.
Make an appointment:
Have lots of items or large furniture you'd like to consign? Please make an appointment by calling (815) 267-7880 to review and discuss your items in private. We can arrange to travel to your home to review larger items.
Step 2: Evaluating your item(s).
Condition: To be a good match for our store, the merchandise must be in good to mint condition. Evaluating your furniture on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, we look for pieces that are in between a 7 and a 10.
Note: We do not accept items that are chipped, faded, cracked or broken.
Cleanliness: Please be sure to clean, wipe or polish any items you bring in beforehand.
Style: We prefer timeless items. Furniture, like clothing, can go in and out of style. Out of date furniture can be well-constructed and in pristine condition, but if the style is not currently in demand, we will likely not accept it.
Step 3: Pricing your item(s).
Our pricing formula includes several factors: Condition, style, finish, color, original sale price—and in some cases, what the piece could be purchased new for in the current market.
Original price: Do you know what you paid for your item originally? We like to take into consideration the original purchase price of your furniture. This helps us to develop an asking price and to see if it can command an asking price that would make sense for you as the consignor and for us as your agent.
Market price: We constantly evaluate the market and will fairly price your item against similar to exact matches that are currently selling elsewhere.
Price evaluation: Our pricing specialist will carefully inspect your items, and then recommend pricing with consideration given to condition, quality of constructions, manufacturer, original purchase price, style, and market demand of the item. We view each consignment as a partnership. It is in everyone’s interest to price items at a fair market value that would realistically sell within 30 days.
Step 4: Determining the logistics.
Getting the merchandise to our store: If it is possible for you to deliver your merchandise to our store, we are able to assist you during any of our normal business hours. For larger items, it is best to call ahead to be sure that we have some strong backs on-site to give you hand.
Pick-up and delivery: We also offer an affordable and professional pick-up service. Rates vary based on location. Just call for details and to schedule a service.
Step 5: Touching up your item(s).
We can take it from here! We polish and touch up your furniture to make it as desirable as possible. After all, it is in our interest to sell your merchandise for as much as possible! From there, we professionally merchandise your furniture, and our professional sales staff will work to sell your items.
Step 6: Paying you for the sale of your item(s).
Upon the sale of your furniture, we will write you a check for our agreed-upon compensation. Checks are batched together at the end of each month for the previous month’s sales. Checks are available for pick up at the shop after the 15th of each month.
What are the consignment terms?
- Minimum of a 120-day consignment period.
- On the Road Again pays the consignor 50% of the item’s sale price. Our commission for handling the sale is the remaining 50%.
- At 30 Days: The price of the item will drop by 10% of the original sale price.
- At 60 Days: The price will drop by another 10% of the original sale price.
- At 90 days: The price will drop by another 10% of the original sale price.
- At 120 days: The consignment period will expire. Any item remaining in the store after the expiration date which has not sold may be removed by the consignor.
- After 150 days: Your item(s) will be become property of On the Road Again.
Commission Checks: Will be available for pick up at the shop after the 15th of each month. Checks that are lost can be replaced for a $25 fee.